Cancer doesn’t stop, and neither will the St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run. Together, Nothing is Impossible. We are excited to share that the 11th Annual St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run WILL take place! It may not look the same as it has in the past due to COVID-19. However, we remain committed to the promise we’ve made to the thousands of families who depend on us no matter what.
St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run Facts
- Memphis to Mobile Run began in 2010, with 22 runners raising $89,000
- We are part of the St. Jude Runs Association, The Association has raised over $33, million for the children of St. Jude!
- Runners run 399 miles from Memphis to Mobile—running 24 hours a day, for 4 days, rain or shine!
- 100% of every dollar donated to a runner goes towards the research, care, and treatment of children.
- Operating expenses are covered by sponsorship money.
- Donations are tax deductible and receipts are available upon request. Donor checks should be made payable to St. Jude Runs
- Donations over $250 should be reported to the Run Treasurer for IRS purposes
Requirements for the St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run
- Each year in mid-October, runners depart Mobile on Wednesday and travel to Memphis in motor homes.
- Runners begin the relay on Thursday, after a send-off celebration and a tour of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Upon arrival in Mobile on Sunday, runners will meet sponsors and friends at Moe’s BBQ Downtown for an End of Run Celebration!
- Chefs travel with the runners and provide meals during the entire trip.
- Plan to run between 20 - 30 miles in a 4 day time period. Do not plan on getting much sleep. Route is based on running 11 minute miles.
- You MUST wear a safety vest !!!
- This is a fundraising event and you are required to raise a minimum of $2,000.
What To Bring With You On The Run
- Memphis to Mobile shirt that will be provided at the Mandatory meeting before the run.
- 6 or more change of running clothes.
- Clean outfit to wear running into Moe’s BBQ
- Personal toiletries, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Medications (vitamins, pain relievers, any personal prescriptions) - Kleenex, bathroom soap, air freshener
- 2-3 pairs of running shoes
- Sweatpants & sweatshirt (weather & AC)
- Light jacket
- SAFETY VEST (can be purchased from run office)
- Pillow and blankets
- Flip flops
- Sports cream
Other Suggested Items
- MP3 player to play in the chase van while you are running
- Any special food you may want
- Hat / visor
- For motor home : Broom– Small Vacuum