St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run Facts
- Memphis to Mobile Run began in 2010, with 22 runners raising $89,000
- In 6 years, the Memphis to Mobile Runners have raised over $450,000.
- We are part of the St. Jude Runs Association, The Association has raised over $33, million for the children of St. Jude!
- Runners run 399 miles from Memphis to Mobile—running 24 hours a day, for 4 days, rain or shine!
- 100% of every dollar donated to a runner goes towards the research, care, and treatment of children.
- Operating expenses are covered by sponsorship money.
- Donations are tax deductible and receipts are available upon request. Donor checks should be made payable to St. Jude Runs
- Donations over $250 should be reported to Lesley Spivey (treasurer) for IRS purposes
Requirements for the St. Jude Memphis to Mobile Run
- Depart Mobile on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. Motor homes transport all runners to Memphis, Tennessee.
- Runners begin their run to Mobile on Wednesday, after completing tours of the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and a send-off celebration.
- Chefs travel with the runners and provide meals during the entire trip.
- Plan to run between 20 - 30 miles in a 4 day time period. Do not plan on getting much sleep. Route is based on running 11 minute miles.
- You MUST wear a safety vest !!!
- This is a fundraising event and you are required to raise a minimum of $1500 if you are a first time runner, or $2,000 if you are a veteran. Most runners raise in excess of this amount. Supplies will be provided to help you fundraise.
- Upon arrival in Mobile on Sunday October 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM, you will meet family, sponsors and friends at Moe’s BBQ Downtown for an “End of Run Celebration.” Food and fun.
What To Bring With You On The Run
- Memphis to Mobile Polo provided at the Mandatory meeting March 29, 2016.
- 6 or more change of running clothes.
- Clean outfit to wear running into Moe’s BBQ
- Personal toiletries, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Medications (vitamins, pain relievers, any personal prescriptions) - Kleenex, bathroom soap, air freshener
- 2-3 pairs of running shoes
- Sweatpants & sweatshirt (weather & AC)
- Light jacket
- SAFETY VEST (can be purchased from run office)
- Pillow and blankets
- Flip flops
- Sports cream
Other Suggested Items
- MP3 player to play in the chase van while you are running
- Any special food you may want
- Hat / visor
- For motor home : Broom– Small Vacuum